Woodworking Beginner Series
Sign up by February 14th!
Tap titles for full descriptions.
101: Woodworking Basics and Project Planning $50- 2 slots left
2/21, 6:00-8:30 pm
Learn about the characteristics of wood and how to identify them including hardness, grain, crowning, cupping, bowing and other qualities to look for when purchasing wood. No tools are used in this class.
- Get a feel for different wood types & their properties
- Selecting the right wood for your project
- Learn to read project plans
- Create a bill of materials
102: Woodshop Safety + 1 month Hobbyist Membership $100- 4 slots left
2/24, 6:00-9:00 pm
This class will walk you through how to use all major power tools. At the end, you will have a completed small cheese board and are qualified for supervised use of The Foundry's woodshop.
Hobbyist membership allows members to access the woodshop for 20 hours per month. Click to find out more about makerspace membership.
103: 2 day Hardwood Cutting Board $100 - 1 slot left
103a: 2/25, 3:00-6:00 pm
103b: 2/26, 10:00 am-1:00 pm
In this 2 part class you will make a beautiful 11" x 15" hardwood cutting board from a variety of woods in The Foundry's shared woodshop.
- Using the table saw, planer, joiner, router, and sander
- Strategies and techniques for gluing and clamping
- How to choose the appropriate finish for your project
- How to match wood properties to suit your project
Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift 25 lbs.
Must be 18 years old, 16+ with parent permission.
- Receive a 5% discount when you purchase the complete 100 Series
Missed Classes: If you are unable to make it to a class, you may be able to make it up during the following season. However, this does not guarantee a seat as is it subject to availability and classes fill quickly. It is highly suggested that you check your availability before purchase.